You need to know this Ultimate Glue Gun Tip! I have discovered the BEST glue gun tip EVER for hanging up just about anything on your school walls. When I say THIS is the ultimate tip… I mean it. I can’t believe I didn’t know this easy trick before now.
First, Let me say this is NOT my idea. Everyone in my current school does this. They thought everyone knew about this trick. BUT I had no clue… so I am assuming you also have NO CLUE.
What is the ULTIMATE Gun Gun Tip for wall decor… that will ensure your walls remain clean and glue dot free… is MASKING TAPE. (Or painters tape!)
Here is what you do.
- Back your wall decoration piece with masking tape, sticky side out. You can put the masking tape on the paper or for larger items you can tape a strip down to the wall directly, sticky side down as well. We know if you do only this step, your wall decor piece will not stay up long term. In my school, things will fall as soon as the heat or air come on.
- Next, apply the HOT GLUE directly onto the TAPE. This is the part that actually allows the decorations to STAY on the wall.
- Here is an image of overlapped sections, which we need to do pretty often.
- Now, here is the WHY for using the masking tape with the glue gun…
When you pull off the decorations, ALL THE GLUE comes off with the tape. It does not stay on the wall. And when you pull it off the layers, it still comes off on the masking tape!
- Your walls can and will look like this! No glue dots that tear up your nail as you try to scrap it off.
Ultimate Glue Gun Tip Questions Answered
Many people asked if you can add the glue to the tape on the walls! YES that works too.
People also want to know what glue gun I love. Here is an Amazon Affiliate Link to the Glue Gun I have…
As well as these COOL finger tip guards that are perfect when you are got gluing specific items that can burn your fingers.