The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Check out this learning pack that aligned everything to the common core, differentiated many of the activities, and made sure everything was hands-on, colorful, and FUN!
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Activities
- The Describing Word Activity– chart, printable, and extending activity
- Writing Activities– 4 different versions and a word wall provided
- Reading Comprehension Game– 30 Questions with answer key
- Story Sequence Cards and Printables
- Reader-13 pages
- Leafy Letters- 4 Letter Word Match
- Label It! Caterpillar and Butterfly
- Eat the Week
- Write The Room With Ten Frames
- Eat SUM Fruit
- Leaf Some Eggs
I hope you love this unit as much as I do!
Here is a simple art project we also do…
I take lots of yellow and green construction paper and use the die cut at school to make it into a circle.
I use a few reds for the head only. My little loves can put together their caterpillar using the circles, then add the legs, antenna, and additional features to it. This is simple, and fun, and brings the book to life for your students.