15 Fabulous Fall Kindergarten Book List for kids: Let’s talk about fantastic fall-themed books for a kindergarten classroom. One unit most teachers can’t wait to teach is all about fall changes! What a fun, hands-on, and engaging way to teach about fall for little learners. Additionally, we have included links to these 15 Fabulous Fall Kindergarten Book List from YouTube to showcase the best fall books so you can be in the know of all the great children’s books about fall you want to use in your classroom.
15 Fabulous Fall Kindergarten Book List
First, you may begin to discuss the seasons changing from summer to fall or autumn. Here are some great reads to discuss this topic.
Science Themed Childrens Books About Fall
Next, the science behind the seasons and fall changes is amazing! What a great way to integrate the topics of autumn across many subject areas. Check out these great science reads.
- How Do You Know It’s Fall (Rookie Read-About Science: Seasons)
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? (Let’s Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
- Fall (The Seasons Series)
- What Can You See in Fall?
- Fall Weather: Cooler Temperatures
FUN WITH FICTION
Then, why only talk about science and social studies with Autumn? We can have fun with fictional books as well. Here is a great list of fictional titles for fall books for kids.
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
- The Leaf Thief by Alice Hemming
- Biscuit and the Great Fall Day by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (This is an easy reader.)
If I have time, I like to spend a little time discussing scarecrows. Here are some great books that mention or are themed around scarecrows.
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colanddro
- The Scarecrow’s Hat
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
- The Scarecrow by Beth Ferry