Monthly ELA Activities: This is a HUGE bundle of themed learning activities for Kindergarten that all have ELA skills.
1. I can match uppercase and lowercase letters, I can put letters in ABC order, I can match letters and sounds. This is three activities with the same pieces. In the first game, students take the uppercase and lowercase letter pieces and match them. You can use the letters you have covered or all the letters. The next game uses the same pieces but this time the students take ONE set, either uppercase or lowercase and put them in ABC order. For support, you can let students refer to a posted alphabet. The last game uses both the letter and sound cards as well as the sound pieces. Students match letters AND sounds. To differentiate, you can use less cards or just uppercase or just lowercase letters. You will get two printables to write upper and lowercase letters to match pictures.
2. I can make letter and sound puzzles. Students will get puzzles with the sound picture on top and the letters will need to be placed below. You can choose which sounds to use for differentiation. The teacher will need to print, laminate, and then cut apart puzzle pieces before students can use it. All pictures are school related as much as possible. The box “word” needs the final sound, not the initial like all the other pictures.
3. I can sound out real and nonsense words. Students will sound out the real word or nonsense word (you can choose one or the other, or mix them up) to move across the game board to win. You will get words given and a blank page to write in your own words.
4. I can write CVC words and I can match CVC words. You will get two games. The green books are for writing in the CVC word while the purple books are for matching CVC words. You can mix and match for student needs. You will get short a, short e, short I, short o, and short u words in both games. The CVC words are the same for both activities which will allow you to mix and match as needed. There is 4 color coded versions for both games along with 5 printables to either write or match CVC word activities, one for each vowel sound.
5. I can match long vowel words and I can write long vowel words. You will get two games. You can mix and match for student needs. You will get long a, long e, long I, long o, and long u words in both games. The CVCe words are the same for both activities which will allow you to mix and match as needed. There is 4 color coded versions for both games along with 4 printables to either write or match CVC word activities, one for each vowel sound. The long e and long u printables are combined since there is fewer words for those sounds.
6. I can match the blends to make a picture. There are 4 versions of this blends game. There are two mats for a two-leveled version. The plain mat is more difficult, and the picture-rich version is easier. I print the mats on a double-sided copy, then laminate them. Take the mat with the blended pictures and cut it apart. The borders on the puzzles match for easier student use and sorting abilities. There are 4 different puzzles to create. (I understand that many kinder classrooms may not be on this level in the fall, but I felt it was important for those in first grade or even for those who are ready for this step.)
7. I can match the picture to the digraph. Students will take the 5 mats and match the pictures to the mat with the correct digraph. You will also get a cut and sort printable.
8. I can match the rhyming words. Students will take the pieces and find the pair of rhyming words to make a match. You will also get a cut and sort printable.